I am Dr Adam Smith, the owner of the Healthstyle Centre, and I have been a registered Chiropractor since 2004.
Starting a bit late, I didn’t have my first adjustment until I was 8 years old. My father took the whole family for a check up and after that we all made regular chiropractic care a part of our lives. All three of my kids had their first chiropractic check on the day of their birth, and weekly ever since.
After graduating Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia I worked in many parts of Australia, learning all I could about the different styles of chiropractic care that got the best results.
My family and I moved to Scotland in 2005 and we lived just south of Glasgow for nearly 8 years where I worked with the largest chiropractic group in Europe, gaining invaluable experience along the way.
We moved back to Australia in 2013 to be nearer to family, and have now settled on the Gold Coast for good.
I had the distinct pleasure of working with the team at Surfers Paradise Chiropractic, Health and Wellness Centre, before buying this practice in Robina in June of 2015.The Gold Coast is the best epitome of ‘The Healthstyle Lifestyle’ that I can think of, so it makes sense to base the Healthstyle Centre right here in the best part of Queensland.
Chiropractic has been my passion since I was 12 years old. By that time I had been witness to many, many wonderful results from an adjustment, just by sitting in the reception area at my chiropractor’s. Too many times to count I saw people limp, hobble, or even get carried in, only to walk out smiling after their adjustment.
This sort of thing was commonplace according to my chiropractor at the time Dr Michael.One day after my adjustment, Dr Michael let me stay and observe him work for the afternoon. I was hooked from that moment onward. I saw babies loving their check-up, I saw whole families just like mine coming through the office, I heard people telling me of all the things that they could do because they were looking after themselves, and they had made regular chiropractic adjustments a part of their life too.
Chiropractic care is different for every person, and some people benefit more than others. I cannot tell you if I am the best chiropractor for you, because that is not up to me – it’s up to you.To find out if I can help you as part of your healthcare team, just give the centre a call for an assessment today. We take the time to listen to your needs, and we truly care about your results. We look forward to meeting you and your family soon.
- Bachelor of Chiropractic Science – Macquarie University 2002
- Master of Chiropractic – Macquarie University 2004
- Radiation Protection Supervisor – Certificate Course NHS London 2006
- Member – United Chiropractic Association, UK – 2005 – 2014
- Past Vice President and Board member – United Chiropractic Association, UK 2007 – 2013
- Member – Chiropractic Association of Australia 2005, 2013 – present
- Secretary to the Board – Chiropractors Association of Australia (QLD) – 2014 – present
- Member – Product Evaluation Committee – Chiropractors’ Association of Australia (National) – 2014 – present
- Member – Program Reference Committee – Central Queensland University (Chiropractic Discipline) – 2015 – present
- Manual adjustments (traditional chiropractic / diversified – adapted as needed for all ages)
- SOT – Sacro-occiptal technique (low force adjustments with blocks/wedges – suitable for all ages)
- SOT – Cranial (suitable for all ages, including newborns as I adapt this technique to the person)
- Gonstead (a traditional form of adjustments incorporating specific manual movements)
- Thompson Drop Piece (the parts of the table that raise a couple of cm then drop down)
- Activator and Arthrostim (using an instrument provides a specific small force – suitable for all ages)
- Webster Technique (usually used with pregnant Mum’s as a way of balancing abdominal and pelvic tension)
- Advanced Biostructural Correction (specifically the standing manoeuvres work well with some people)
- Adaptive Neuro Kinetics (a system of pre and post checks to ensure great results)